CONDITIONS AND SYMPTOMS THAT MAY BE RELIEVED BY A CHIROPRACTOR
- Back and neck pain
- Disc problems
- Headaches and migraines
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle/foot pain
- Pins and needles, numbness and tingling
- Conditions arising from Scoliosis
- Sporting injuries
- Temporomandibular (jaw) related discomfort
- Pregnancy related pain and discomfort
- Improving your overall postural alignment and wellbeing
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO ADDRESS YOUR PAINFUL CONDITIONS?
Pain is an uncomfortable feeling that tells you something may be wrong in your body. Although pain acts as a protective mechanism, unrelieved pain has consequences. Your spinal cord and nerves provide the pathway for messages to travel to and from your brain and the other parts of your body. Uncontrolled musculoskeletal and nerve pain can lead to:
- Loss of movement
- Compensation for injury through neighbouring supporting structures
- Delayed tissue healing may lead to permanence in damage
- Lowered pain threshold
- Increased stress
- Increased anxiety and depression due to inability to participate at work, hobbies and daily routine
- Disrupted sleep
Dr Jen is trained thoroughly to manage musculoskeletal and neuropathic conditions.
- Chiropractors in Australia are required to undergo five years of full time study at university which encompasses a Bachelor of Science and Masters of Chiropractic which covers in-depth training in anatomy, physiology, pathology, diagnosis, radiology, orthopaedics and neurology.
- It is a drug free method of blocking pain messages or reducing effects on your brain. By adjusting your spine which houses the spinal cord, chiropractic management can assist in the healing process. – refer to Chiropractic tab.
- Chiropractic management may be able to assist you with the management of both new and old injuries. For disorders such as scoliosis and migraines, chiropractors may be able to reduce the level of discomfort.
WHY SHOULD I SEEK CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT OF MY CONDITION?
We use our body every day and put it through stress by going about our daily routine e.g. occupational strains, repetitive movement patterns, unfamiliar routines, sedentary posture or overstress and strain from traumatic injuries. It is therefore vital to maintain and optimise our movement by restoring the body’s natural joint movement. Disorders such as migraines, can be relieved through chiropractic treatment.
It is compulsory that chiropractors they are registered through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) through the Chiropractic Board of Australia. Chiropractors are registered by the Chiropractic Board of Australia and like all other registered health care providers, must adhere to National Law and profession specific codes of conduct and guidelines. Chiropractors are also required to participate in continual professional development to stay current with the latest evidence based research.